Day 3 of the Ultimate You challenge dawned and it was rather appropriate for me considering the mood I woke up in.
Day 3’s challenge is to list 5 things you are grateful for.
I was in a bit of a emo / depro mood this morning, I sometimes just wake up like that. It kind of sucks, but with the challenge I didn’t stay in a funk for too long.
I really didn’t struggle with this challenge though as I normally have a list doing the rounds in my head about what I should be grateful for. I’ve also found that the more you look at the good things in your life, the easier it becomes to see them. Seeing the good things in your life is a great way to stay up beat and positive. When you get down in the dumps, as everyone does from time to time, having a ever growing list makes those down in the dump days a bit shorter.
Anyways, here is my list. It does change from time to time, depending on what is bugging me at the time, but generally it’s always like this =
(in no particular order)
- My Hubby – he is a pain in my ass at times, but he is so important to me. I am thankful everyday (even though I don’t always show it) that this man is in my life. He is always trying to make me happy and trying to help out around the house, etc. He really is a diamond in the rough and I’m hoping for once he is actually reading my blog so he can see this. 😛
- My boys – my two boys complete my little world. They are mini extensions of me and I honestly don’t know what I would do without them. Even when they’re screaming and throwing tantrums or making big pooey messes, no matter how much they frustrate and annoy me, I am thankful every day that they are mine.
- Roof over my head – there are so many people in this country (and around the world) who do not have the luxury of having a roof over their heads every night. I have worked hard to get mine and I will work hard every day to keep it, but that is something I am also grateful for.
- My Mom – especially after this last week where my mom’s been looking after the boys because neither hubby or I could get off work. My Mom is always willing to help where / when she can. Thanks a mil Mom! Love you!
- My eyesight – Anyone who knows me knows that I am almost as blind as a bat. I wear contact lenses so most people would never know. When I take those lenses out, I can see jack shit! One of my fears is that eventually I will lose my eyesight completely and I won’t be able to see all the wonderful things around me. So one of my every day things I’m grateful for is my eyesight. Even at it’s crappies, I can still see!
We only needed to list 5, but I could list a whole lot more. As I said, easy challenge for me. 🙂
Hopefully tomorrow’s will also be easy!